21 July 2012

Bel award

My Bel training continued in August visiting the peak district helping out on a Duke of Edingburgh gold award, During my time in the peaks i managed to do a four walks the first being from Edale to a check point at upper tor, this was a tough walk and climb but once at the top the view was well worth the effort. my second walk was from edale to Lords seat which was also well worth the walk for another beautiful view. My third walk saw me walk from the camp site at Upper Booth to Jacobs Ladder which again was well worth the climb mainly just to say that I had done it .My last walk while in the peaks was from Snake pass up to a B29 Superfortress crash site at Higher Shelf Stones, this was a interesting walk as my father had flown in the B29 while in the RAF, at this crash site all aircrew on board had saldly lost there life's in the crash so it was a interesting to see that a lot of the wreck still remained but also a sad moment for the memory of the aircrew.

No comments: